It's been a while, and Trill and Nick were nice enough to invite me on to another episode of Filling The Lanes. It's always fun to be on with these guys. We cover a bunch of stuff in the NBA, including:
- I eat some crow about Ricky Rubio vs. Kyrie Irving. Rubio's shooting has declined since that podcast, and Irving's shooting efficiency has been Jordan-esque since then. Both still have flaws, though. For Irving it's turnovers, for Rubio it is finishing at the rim.
- We talk about why Nene for McGee was kind of good for both teams.
- I also thought Ellis for SJax/Bogut was good for both teams.
- I speculate on why players have better shooting percentage when they play for Pop.
- I like Ramon Sessions. I don't like Kobe Bryant. Bryant will limit Sessions' effectiveness.
- We re-visit some of our pre-season picks. I said my new "Most Improved" was Pekovic. Turns out that, in fact, Pek was so bad last year, that Nick was convinced that there's no way Pek was in the NBA last year. To go from that bad to this good? I rest my case.
- For a nano-second I got confused and said OKC to win it all, but then I recovered and stuck with my initial pre-season Heat.
Head over to the site to listen (or click below), I'm on at around 48:00.